Friday, September 6, 2013

Laughter is the best medicine. Except for treating diarrhea.

Who hasn't posted anything on her blog in four months???  THIS GIRL.  If there's one thing you can count on from me, it's my highly predictable procrastination.  

One thing I've learned over the years is that you just HAVE to laugh at yourself.  Seriously.  Aside from the fact that I'm one of the funniest people you'll ever meet (*cough, cough*), I tend to put myself in enough situations that would be completely embarrassing to the "normal" individual... but, we've already established that I'm not normal.  Like, not even a little bit.  So, instead of burying my head in the sand when I do something stupid, I figure I may as well share my misfortunes with the entire world.  Why not, right?

With that said, here's something fun that happened last month:

I'm not shy when it comes to bodily functions, and I'm a little too open with information, especially when it comes to my closest friends.... and co-workers.... and complete strangers.... 

So, anyway... Let's backtrack a bit.  I've been trying to eat healthier by incorporating a ton of raw fruits and veggies, as well as the always needed extra dose (or 3) of fiber, into my daily diet.  Suffice it to say, this new "diet" tends to make me a little more gassy than normal.  And I'm not just talking about the occasional fart here and there.  

This product needs better marketing.
Basically, it's a gift from God that I've been given an office at work that I can tightly secure the door shut so that I can feel free to let loose when the need arises.  This way, there are no surprises.  Nothing worse than working in a cube where someone can sneak up behind you at any given time, just after you've let loose a potentially deadly cry from an imprisoned turd and CLEARLY the only person that could have produced that is you.  I keep a variety of scented candles on hand as well... because what doesn't smell better than iced raspberry sangria scented farts?  
Okay... I'm making this story way too long.  So, I'm on Google chat with my BFF and I happen to message her to simply to let her know that on that particular day I had the worst gas imaginable.  Small children would have cried.  It was bad.  This is pretty typical of my daily conversations with friends.  So... I proceed to provide her with this juicy bit of information.  About 10 minutes went by... no reply.  Honestly, I was a little hurt.  I wanted her to share the experience with me.  I proceeded to go and make some copies to get my mind off the situation at hand; when I returned, my heart jumped with excitement as she had finally responded!  I was way too excited about clicking on the orange blinking box... I couldn't wait to provide her with the added details I knew she was dying to hear.  INSTEAD.... I find out that my message was timed so perfectly that it popped up just as the IT guy at work was at her computer fixing an issue.  FAIL.  I'm sure he wanted to know that this chick's super weird friend was gassing it up across town.  

The typical person may have decided it was time to move to a new city and create a brand new identity as a cat hoarder, but not me... I decided to share the whole chat conversation with anyone and everyone that would listen.  I have to say, I turned a potentially detrimental situation into one of sheer joy.  I was proud.  How sick is that?


HAPPY FRIDAY!  Do something fun this weekend and tell me about it, k?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Heather Hogsed. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Beautifully Weird" and post on it of dated 6th Sept., "Laughter is the best Medicine.Except treating Diarrhea". I am glad that you love Jesus. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 33yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted and to give them new life, future, purpose and hope. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai to work with us on a short term missions trip. We would love to have you come with your friends to come to Mumbai and work with us on a short missions trip. Would love to hear from you. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete