Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Healthier Heather

You can be totally proud of me (and Todd)!!  Since Friday, the only day we HAVEN'T gone to the gym was Monday morning!  My fault - I definitely forgot to set the alarm.  But, we deserved a day off, right???  I know it hasn't even been a week yet back on the "health train," but seriously... I feel so much better!  No migraines, I'm sleeping better at night... it's pretty super.

Along with exercise, we've really been cutting back on the crap that we had been eating.  Tons of fruits and veggies, fresh juice (I'm in love with juicing... more on that another time), lean meats for protein, almonds, and lots and lots and lots and lots of water.  My new hobby is peeing.  I can't give up my coffee, though.  It owns me.  I HAVE, however, given up my daily Coke Zero... and Todd has made the switch from regular Coke and Mountain Dew to diet... a great step in the right direction for him!

Last night, for dinner, we had crock pot Stuffed Pepper Soup... and it was amazing and yummy and very good, but very filling.
So, I figured... let's do something totally different today... I thought I'd share this completely easy dinner with all 5 of you, my readers:

Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. lean ground turkey
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 T minced onion
1 15oz. can tomato sauce
1 14oz. can low sodium beef broth
1 can diced tomatoes (I drained mine... I prefer a thicker soup)
1 T minced garlic
Chili powder, salt and pepper - to taste
1 1/2 c. brown rice
Optional - 1 c. chopped mushrooms (we love our mushrooms...)

Basically, I dumped the thawed ground turkey and everything else into the crock pot, gave it a quick stir, and turned it on high for 5 hours.  When I came home from work, it was ready!  I added a little bit of reduced fat Colby-Jack shredded cheese to my bowl... holy yum.  Mocha was a fan as well.

Finally, a quick reminder:
Hope your day is super duper!



1 comment:

  1. ohhh man whoever made that ecard above must have been around me after I ate it once. that is my kryptonite. i honestly never eat it anymore, it got to the point where i was having stomach cramps! LOL

    ReplyDelete